Hardwood floors can last for generations, but that doesn’t mean they won’t need a little freshening up from time to time. After a while, hardwood floors will lose their signature gleam, and they’ll begin to look dull, tarnished, or damaged, losing that luster that they brought to your Walnut Creek, CA space. What many don’t realize, however, is that making a few simple changes and doing a few small things can help to keep that gleam fresh and new no matter how old your hardwood floors may be.
5 Small Tips For Keeping Hardwood Floors Looking Fresh
A handful of small and quick tasks performed regularly will keep the beauty in your hardwood floors. 5 small tips for keeping your Walnut Creek hardwood floors looking fresh are:
- Consider a recoating – When hardwood floors start looking dull, many think that the only logical step is to do a complete refinishing. While refinishing your flooring is something that should be done periodically throughout their lives, it’s not always the necessary step when dullness begins to set in. In some instances, a simple recoating to add a fresh layer of protection to the flooring is all that is needed, and it’s a much faster process than a full refinish.
- Regular quick cleans to maintain shine – The biggest factor affecting the shine of your hardwood floors is the long-term damage of dirt and debris. The gritty texture of tracked in dirt dulls the flooring’s finish, leaving it looking tarnished and dull. Regular quick cleans not only leave your floor sparkling in the moment, but for the longer-term as well. A quick sweep and mop session for your Walnut Creek, CA hardwood floors does more for your flooring than you may realize.
- Check the temperature and humidity in your home – The temperature and the humidity in your home could have a serious effect on your hardwood floors. Intense humidity and heat in your home could cause your flooring to warp and buckle, and intense cold can have similarly damaging effects. Ideally, your home should be kept at around 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 30 to 50% humidity.
- Protect your floors from furniture – Floor protectors can be found for all types of furniture, and this small investment can mean a great deal to your flooring. On chairs, tables, and any type of furniture you have resting on your floors, protectors will guard against scratches and damage.
- Invest in accent rugs – High traffic areas will likely be your dullest areas, but there is a simple way to save your flooring from the damage traffic causes. Investing in accent rugs not only brings character to spaces within your Walnut Creek home, it also protects the flooring hidden underneath.
Simple Steps To A Beautiful Floor
Keeping a beautiful and lustrous hardwood floor may be simpler than you think. By paying close attention to 5 simple regular care points, you can leave your floors looking more beautiful than ever with less regular maintenance than you ever thought possible.