Whether you’re looking to sell in 2019, or you’re really just in the mood for a new look, the flooring trends for the New Year will update your home from the ground up. Those initial thoughts about redoing your floors are exciting at first, but the excitement will often make way for more daunting feelings as you realize just how many different types of flooring there are to choose from. By keeping up with the top trends, the hard part is already done for you.
The Top 5 Flooring Trends For The New Year
The year 2019 is slated to see 5 top flooring trends, and within these are those that suit just about every need. The top trends for flooring in 2019 are:
- Wood-look flooring – The wood-look flooring trend isn’t new to 2019, but it’s not slowing down either. Whether you choose tile, laminate, or vinyl, as long as it has a wood look, it’s on trend. This pick has been number 1 for the past 2 years, and there is no end in sight for the popularity of this look. With a hardwood appearance, but with affordability and durability without the need to refinish, it’s no wonder why it remains a top pick.
- Waterproof – Waterproof flooring is expected to be huge in 2019, and mainly for its convenience. What’s different this year is that waterproof doesn’t simply mean tile anymore, and waterproof options are being found in laminate, vinyl, and even carpet. A waterproof floor is a floor that’s kept safe, clean, and durable through all types of regular abuse.
- Texture – Texture has been moving all around homes in interior design throughout these past few years, so it’s not a surprise that it’s made its way to flooring. Texture doesn’t solely mean carpet and will include distressed floors in wood, laminate, tile, and more. If you’ve been playing with the textured look, this is a whole new way to go about it.
- Blonde – For those who jumped on board with the gray trend of 2018, fret not as it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Rather than replacing gray, blonde is joining it at the top in 2019. This light, airy, and positive flooring color option has a natural ability to bring light into a space while opening up the entire room.
- Eco-friendly – Eco-friendly is a trend in just about every element of interior design, and this includes flooring for 2019. Natural, renewable, recycled, and homegrown are big buzzwords in the flooring industry, as it seems more and more homeowners are prioritizing environmentally friendly sourcing and installation.
Choosing A Floor For Updated Style
If you’ve been mulling over the decision to redo your floors in 2019, these 5 options really provide a great path to go down. From wood-look and waterproof, to textured and blonde, these looks are slated to bring your home into the New Year regardless of your specific interior design themes. In any home, there is a trend that fits any need.